terça-feira, 16 de março de 2021

                                                       EVOCATION OF MEMORY

 

My painting is part of a work project that takes into account a technique and a proposal that aims to understand the bewilderment of the world, shouting our human essence deprived of colour by the monotony and intoxicated by the worn words.

My work is a constant experimentation and search for new and different results. I question the artistic language. I use the support as a painting, converting it into an expressive and fundamental element.

My paintings arise from newspaper pages on which I overlay the black ink stain. Glued to the canvas, they articulate in order to rewrite a new narrative.

It is an aesthetic game. A board of annotations and an endless number of ideas and sensations. A torrent that impels memory and experience built in an impulsive and direct way.

My work corresponds to biographical chronicles where signs and traces send us beyond the visible, lived experiences and marks of temporal erosion that are articulated with rhythms, chromatic and tonal harmonies. The collages, mosaic of parcels of memories, which juxtapose or overlap, create a space of rupture and suture, of diversity in unity, the whole in fragmentation, evocation of the memories I have gathered.

José Brito



Sem comentários: